- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by . This post has been viewed 568 times
The Equator Prize 2019 will be awarded to outstanding community and indigenous initiatives that are advancing nature-based solutions for local sustainable development. Each winning group will receive USD 10,000 and will be invited to participate in a series of policy dialogues and special events during the United Nations General Assembly and the Secretary-General’s Climate Summit in New York in September 2019, culminating in a high-level award ceremony at the beginning of Climate Week.
The Equator Prize 2019 will have a special focus on
– initiatives that protect, restore or sustainably manage forests
– sustainable corporate supply chains
– initiatives that promote nature-based alternatives to a carbon economy – green entrepreneurship
– innovative ways to finance nature-based solutions to sustainable development and climate change
The nomination deadline will be 26 February 2019. Nominations can be submitted in 8 languages. For further information and to nominate visit https://prize.equatorinitiative.org/0
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.