- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by . This post has been viewed 361 times
“On the eve of the IPCC’s radical call to action to keep temperatures below 1.5 degrees Celsius, the Global Environment Facility and the Good Growth Partnership convened leaders from major food brands and commodity traders in Washington D.C. Participants considered how to better align international efforts to effectively tackle deforestation, a major contributor to climate change.” Read more here.
A number of video interviews were captured during the event, featuring NYDF company endorsers, including Olam, Cargill, and Mars. Click here to view the videos.
Some key takeaways from the event:
- Systematic reform is needed, not siloed supply chain management
- Supporting national development agendas is critical
- Market based approaches are not enough to protect forests- opportunities for governments to strengthen regulations are also needed
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.